Peace Of Mind: Find Out It Importance Before Making The Great Decision

I was having a chat with a friend a couple of years ago about relationship and marriage when he told me something that got me thinking. We were talking about knowing who to marry when he asked 'do you think it is every one that can hear from God expressly? Have dreams and visions?' To me, I couldn't understand why a person will be a Christan for years and still lack the ability to hear God. But like they say, time teaches us things, I must say I learnt my lesson...in a hard way, now, I understand that God has dealt to each of us a 'measure of faith'

It happened that we had a marriage seminar in church on Sunday and one of the points raised on how to chose a life partner got me thinking about the conversation I had with my friend years ago. PEACE! Jesus said "my peace I leave with you, my peace I give you, not like the world giveth". At this point, why didn't he say "my prosperity I leave with thee?" Of course, prosperity is part of our inheritance in Him, but what is prosperity without peace?
So my pastor said one of the ways we know who to marry is PEACE IN OUR HEART. How do you feel deep down when you imagine or picture you spending the rest of your life with this person you are considering for marriage? Do you feel peace? A sense of tranquility deep down in your heart leading to an outburst of joy and excitement? Or do you feel fear, tension, wishing that something will just happen to stop or nullify the relationship you both share?

This is a very daisy situation. How can you wake up one morning and decide you are no longer interested in a relationship after years of being together? People will ask you why, if you have nothing tangible to say, they will call you cruel and wicked, some will even call you an unserious person, but who else can feel or sense the fear in your heart but you?

I Heard the story of a lady who woke up one morning and decided to break an engagement of about 2 years, people begged her to reconsider, but she stuck to her gun, when she was asked why, she said there is nothing tangible, she just felt like breaking up with the man. After a while, the man married another lady, but few years into the marriage, the man had an accident and died, leaving his wife a widow, something that would have been the position of the other lady.
Was that man a bad person? No? He may fit the description of who she wanted, but she felt restless and broke up the relationship.

More than 90% of the relationships that ended in divorce and separation started with 'I love you', things were so rosy during courtship and the couples must have hoped for the best. But go talk to them, especially the Christians, they will tell you they had a hunch, a misplaced peace, restlessness in their heart, but they had to go ahead with the relationship because they had no available alternative, they have been in the relationship for a long time, time is no longer on their side, and many other reasons.
Why go into a relationship when you do not have a total peace with it? Sometimes ago, I thought if there is something I should know about a person, God will reveal it in a dream or vision, but then I later learnt even dreams and visions can be 'hacked', most especially by you,your wants and desires, except by His mercy and grace, you will see what you desire to see.  But one thing even the devil can not hack is your peace and tranquility you can't fake it, at least not for long.

Some time ago I wanted to make a decision about someone, but each time I think about this person, I got seriously frightened, I had this fear that I couldn't describe, yet I couldn't point to anything tangible or unworkable that was wrong with him. After awhile a bible verse dropped to my heart, "there is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out all fear, because fear hath torment...' That settled it for me, I knew what to do and the decision to take.

Lacking peace in a relationship doesn't just mean there is going to be trouble in that relationship, of course, every relationship have it own dose of trouble, but it may mean their will be troubles you may not be able to handle, and it may also mean their are issues you need to discover now and settle before going further.

Do away with every other kind of warning, but never do away with the peace you feel. The best advice you will ever get will be from your gut instinct. Your instinct is a gift from God to you, use it.

Hope you enjoyed the piece, don't leave without dropping a comment. Remain blessed.
Share on Google Plus

About Life Links With Folks

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 coment�rios:

Post a Comment

Don't leave without dropping your thoughts, we are eager to hear from you